What's new

USB modem : how to get a minimum of feedback? (signal, SNR ...)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

propergol

Occasional Visitor
Hello unless I am mistaking, there is no modem log/feedback in the current UI.
Is there a way, maybe through SSH to get the router to give the current modem status?
Thanks

It really is dependent on the modem, the specific chipset and firmware, and how the interfaces are configured and even if those interfaces are exposed to the device it's attached to.

It's non-trivial - but some might be better than others.

With which router did you get that stick running in no hilink mode? oO

With which router did you get that stick running in no hilink mode? oO
AC68U
E3372 isnt listed (while ASUS state it is a supported modem...), so left everything to auto, reboot, if it does not connect check the dial number, maybe this one need to be entered manualy, reboot.
The connection is NOT instantaneous it take 20-30secondes after the router has booted.

Which firmware do you use on the stick? :)

@sfx2000 any idea to get some infos out of this modem?

Edit : it has nothing to do but I have just discovered that my provider (Free France) is throttling down and up but NOT on Speedtest and other speed test website...
So since I am seeing the LTE antenna from my house and have added to the E3372 an external mimo antenna on Speedtest I reach 138Mbps down and 42Mbps up, thats just mad.
But if I go to do a real download (http, ftp...) I am only getting 10Mbps D and 8Mbps U :(

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!