What's new

USB recommendations for Diversion / Skynet?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The result will perhaps vary from router to router and from one USB drive to another. Test your 2.4GHz band and see if USB 3.0 mode on your router and drive affects the performance in some way. If you have IoT devices around the edges of the Wi-Fi covered area they may start losing connection.

Question:

If we use a SSD/Enclosure connected by USB cable … is it still advisable that we use the USB port in USB 2.0 mode only, or is it OKAY to go ahead and use USB 3.0 (?)
I have used USB 3.0 drive/port connected with cable for years without issue.

Question:

If we use a SSD/Enclosure connected by USB cable … is it still advisable that we use the USB port in USB 2.0 mode only, or is it OKAY to go ahead and use USB 3.0 (?)

Unless you're using it for file shares (Samba, NFS, etc) - I would do the USB2.0

USB3 can interfere with 2.4GHz - B/G/N/AX obviously, but it also can do a hit on bluetooth as the interference on USB3 is broadband across the entire band - and these days, BT isn't just audio, it's all the keyboards, mice, etc..

Unless you're using it for file shares (Samba, NFS, etc) - I would do the USB2.0

USB3 can interfere with 2.4GHz - B/G/N/AX obviously, but it also can do a hit on bluetooth as the interference on USB3 is broadband across the entire band - and these days, BT isn't just audio, it's all the keyboards, mice, etc..
While I somewhat agree with you, the biggest issue with USB3.0 is when it comes to using products with little to no shielded being close to the impacted wireless sources. If the user purchases anything of actual quality these days, I find the interference to be minimal to none at all.

interesting investigative work:

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!