What's new

Use XD4 as 3 seperate access points?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shoman94

Regular Contributor
Has anyone been able to setup all 3 as seperate access points?
AiMesh just doesn't work as I think it should. When I reboot my network 95% of my static devices will only connect to the main AP in AiMesh mode unless I push a wifi change then all my device will connect to the strongest AP. Sure roaming works fine on my phone and laptop etc..... But my static devices that don't move will always just connect to the main XD4 in AiMesh whenever the system is rebooted.

I want to try using these as just access points and not use AiMesh at all. Every time I try to remove the node and always automatically sets itself up as an AiMesh node.

I'm not familiar with these. But it seems like you bought an 'easy' AiMesh system.

Are you able to change the router mode in the GUI? If so, does it offer AP mode?

Are you able to 'Reboot System' in the AiMesh tab in the GUI?

If none of the above options are available, you may need to consider another product for your use.

I'm not familiar with these. But it seems like you bought an 'easy' AiMesh system.

Are you able to change the router mode in the GUI? If so, does it offer AP mode?

Are you able to 'Reboot System' in the AiMesh tab in the GUI?

If none of the above options are available, you may need to consider another product for your use.
Yea I'm using it that way right now.... AP/AiMesh mode..... But I can't setup the nodes as a seperate access point. . It appears I have to use AiMesh.....

The 3-pack XD4 consists of 1x XD4R (router) and 2x XD4N (nodes). They are made to work as AiMesh system. If the nodes don't offer AP mode by themselves, you're out of luck. You may need 3x XD4R's for 3x separate AP's.

The 3-pack XD4 consists of 1x XD4R (router) and 2x XD4N (nodes). They are made to work as AiMesh system. If the nodes don't offer AP mode by themselves, you're out of luck. You may need 3x XD4R's for 3x separate AP's.
It's looking that way.... Looks like these will go up for sale....

Opportunity for you to get proper AP's with VLAN support, matching your router's capabilities.

Opportunity for you to get proper AP's with VLAN support, matching your router's capabilities.
I want to but I'm waiting for Araknis to release wifi6 APs. I know they bought Access Networks earlier this year so I'm assuming it should be coming soon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!