What's new

Uses Asus RT-AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My_dogs_White

Regular Contributor
What would be a fair price to pay for a used 87U? What would be a good price, haha. What the heck, I don't care to buy it for a fair price, I want a good price..

What would be a fair price to pay for a used 87U? What would be a good price, haha. What the heck, I don't care to buy it for a fair price, I want a good price..
I would pay up to 50% of the price for a new device - if it works properly! :rolleyes:

Why would you want an RT-AC87U and used, at that?

Almost anything else is superior (before and after it was introduced).

AC87U rock solid here! Especially since Merlin's 380.61

Avoid the RT-AC87U or R variants. Only Asus is still supporting the disaster that is the Quantenna chipset. Do yourself a favor and get an RT-AC3100 or the RT-AC88U if you need the extra LAN ports. The AC87U is very reliable now but it took a while to get here. Runs very hot too and some of us elect to use active cooling. Alert! Cheap open box RT-AC3100 for $159.99US at NewEgg right now at:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0287R&cm_re=rt-ac3100-_-33-320-287R-_-Product

Not true. Asus 87u with merlins firmware has been very stable for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
AC87U rock solid here! Especially since Merlin's 380.61

That may be very true for a few or even for most, but there are still many more that cannot make the RT-AC87U work as stable as they would like/expect.

If there is a choice today, the RT-AC87U is the one that should be passed over by almost all.

It was never mentioned in change logs but it was fixed around 380.57 prior to the Qaudtenna updated firmware. The updated firmware was just a bonus. If its priced right then go for it.

87u does run hot. Can't argue that. Asus really needs to recall them. Yes mine seems stable with active cooling and Merlins in it but with Asus and quantenna dropped the ball big time. The 3200 should be avoided too from what I hear.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!