What's new

VMS1100 and MoCA network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tired of the Bull

New Around Here
I have had a MoCA setup for years using old Actiontec routers purchased from eBay in each upstairs room. While not speed demons the network handled streaming video to my WDTV Live boxes from a WDTV Live Hub with no issues. However, since I upgraded to the new Verizon Media Server (VMS1100) setup with two clients I've been experiencing problems with streaming between WDTV boxes. I'm assuming the IP nature of the new Verizon setup is causing a bandwidth issue on the MoCA. I just wanted to confirm/refute that being the case and see if there are any setup modifications I can do to alleviate the problem.

I have had a MoCA setup for years using old Actiontec routers purchased from eBay in each upstairs room. While not speed demons the network handled streaming video to my WDTV Live boxes from a WDTV Live Hub with no issues. However, since I upgraded to the new Verizon Media Server (VMS1100) setup with two clients I've been experiencing problems with streaming between WDTV boxes. I'm assuming the IP nature of the new Verizon setup is causing a bandwidth issue on the MoCA. I just wanted to confirm/refute that being the case and see if there are any setup modifications I can do to alleviate the problem.
Lots of cable TV set top boxes have MoCA built in. Especially the "whole house" DVRs.

The MoCA adapters I have can be tuned to one of several frequency bands to coexist with satellite on cable and perhaps your VMS1100.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm starting to see little mentions of MoCA channels everywhere which I knew nothing about so that's my next research focus.

Try first in your verizon set top boxes changing the MoCA channel. Poke around in the settings and you should find a network channel setting or something labeled like that.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!