1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

VPN CLIENT - QOS Upload Bandwidth limiter BROKEN when VPN Client enabled

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by cplay, Apr 7, 2020.

1. cplay

cplay Regular Contributor

Who do I report this bug to?

2. cplay

So:

I've submitted this to ASUS with the following below (if anyone reading the thread could also do this it would be much appreciated as this issue will affect anyone using VPN client and trying to use qos upload limiting:

This version was supposed to fix QOS Upload on wifi:
    ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32797
    Changelog:
    Bug fixes and enhancements:
    - Fixed Adaptive QoS upload bandwidth setting issue.

Which it did UNLESS you are using a VPN Client in ASUS vpn setting.

See here and read my post and then check out my thread within it:
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-2#post-568177

If VPN client disabled your QOS upload fix fixes the problem, however if VPN client enabled your QOS upload bandwidth limiter stops working again.

There needs to be a fix for VPN client QOS upload bandwidth also.

3. Vexira

Vexira Part of the Furniture

When fully implemented it works quite well, it's a form of smart que management, the current version is basically injected, because the adaptive QoS engine is close source, for the most part adaptive QoS with manual bandwidth and a per packet overhead set plus bandwidth set to 95% of speed test gives the most ideal results.

4. cplay

Got it - so have you experienced the same results as me and @Val D. - or have you had a different experience?

5. Vexira

Vexira Part of the Furniture

I would say different, it seems to work relatively well for me especially with gaming and downloads.

The main issue is that Asus needs to implement the QoS disciplines into the firmware it self.

cplay likes this.
  6. JamesM

JamesM Occasional Visitor

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same issues with AX92U's on firmware 3.0.0.4.384_8697