What's new

VPN CLIENT - QOS Upload Bandwidth limiter BROKEN when VPN Client enabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Who do I report this bug to?

So:

I've submitted this to ASUS with the following below (if anyone reading the thread could also do this it would be much appreciated as this issue will affect anyone using VPN client and trying to use qos upload limiting:

This version was supposed to fix QOS Upload on wifi:
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32797
Changelog:
Bug fixes and enhancements:
- Fixed Adaptive QoS upload bandwidth setting issue.

Which it did UNLESS you are using a VPN Client in ASUS vpn setting.

See here and read my post and then check out my thread within it:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...d-by-qos-on-rt-ac86u.44952/page-2#post-568177

If VPN client disabled your QOS upload fix fixes the problem, however if VPN client enabled your QOS upload bandwidth limiter stops working again.

There needs to be a fix for VPN client QOS upload bandwidth also.

Got it, so why does everyone rant and rave about how it queues traffic better even though in my experience and yours, it does quite the opposite?
When fully implemented it works quite well, it's a form of smart que management, the current version is basically injected, because the adaptive QoS engine is close source, for the most part adaptive QoS with manual bandwidth and a per packet overhead set plus bandwidth set to 95% of speed test gives the most ideal results.

When fully implemented it works quite well, it's a form of smart que management, the current version is basically injected, because the adaptive QoS engine is close source, for the most part adaptive QoS with manual bandwidth and a per packet overhead set plus bandwidth set to 95% of speed test gives the most ideal results.

Got it - so have you experienced the same results as me and @Val D. - or have you had a different experience?

I would say different, it seems to work relatively well for me especially with gaming and downloads.

The main issue is that Asus needs to implement the QoS disciplines into the firmware it self.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!