What's new

VPN Client - Service State remains OFF ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

copperhead

Occasional Visitor
Merlin Version: 386.7.2

I'm using VPN Director and VPN Client. Everything works splendid until my cable modem goes offline for a few seconds/minutes. Under VPN >> VPN Client >> Service State the toggle is then switched OFF. I figure this is Kill Switch doing what it is supposed to do. What would be nice is if Merlin would automatically re-enable it once it can establish the VPN connection again / once the tunnel comes back up / once there is WAN access. Having to wait till i get back home from work just to log into the router to tap a single toggle switch to get things back online is annoying.

Just wondering what settings i can adjust to make things behave more sensibily. I figure some of you have a script to do this.

Check the "Connection retry attempts" as well as "Start with WAN" options.

I installed the script a couple months back in hopes of it auto reconnecting when my ISP goes down or my router does a weekly reboot. The script doesnt appear to help whatsoever. How do i inspect to be sure the script is running?

Thanks.

I installed the script a couple months back in hopes of it auto reconnecting when my ISP goes down or my router does a weekly reboot. The script doesnt appear to help whatsoever. How do i inspect to be sure the script is running?

Thanks.
@copperhead, I invite you to give VPNMON-R2 a shot... I built this script specifically for problems like this... like when the WAN goes down, when VPN connections drop, or when your router reboots. Its main function is to get that VPN connection back up and running. Please take a look here, and let me know if you have any questions...

@copperhead, I invite you to give VPNMON-R2 a shot... I built this script specifically for problems like this... like when the WAN goes down, when VPN connections drop, or when your router reboots. Its main function is to get that VPN connection back up and running. Please take a look here, and let me know if you have any questions...

Wonderful! It looks serious. Checking it out. Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!