What's new

VPN Director not saving rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BuckyBucky

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I've just upgraded to 386.3_2 on my Asus AC86U.

Whenever I try to add rules to VPN director it's not saving my entry after I press Apply and displays again "No Rules".

Here's the log when I try to add the rule:

Dec 18 12:57:10 rc_service: httpd 1152:notify_rc restart_vpnrouting0
Dec 18 12:57:10 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 02161e60!
Dec 18 12:57:13 kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Dec 18 12:57:13 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 02161e60!

Any idea what I could be doing wrong here ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade? (as in, you did NOT do a factory reset either before or after the upgrade) (NOT recommended)

IIRC, this upgrade was a bit different in that it sometimes required letting the router sit for a while while it did some cleanup and followup configuration. If you *just* upgraded, it might be wise to let things settle first, then try again.

Yes its a dirty upgrade and its been up for 45 minutes now.

However, I think after some research that my JFFS is full.

I just SSH'ed into the Router to get to the Traffic Analyzer folder. Tried to remove the database through SSH. But it says "No space left on device".

Should I just format it from the menu and reboot ?

Thanks

Should I just format it from the menu and reboot ?

That's up to you. Is there anything there you'd like to preserve, such as your own scripts? You could always do a backup of JFFS first, just in case you want/need to recover something.

Dec 18 12:57:13 kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)

Your JFFS partition is full.