What's new

VPN Director vs VPN Fusion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dutchmike64

Occasional Visitor
I have been using VPN fusion to quickly switch a vpn on and off via the asus app on my phone.
Now i am running Gnuton Merlin and have been busy with the VPN director, but of course there is nothing in the ASUS app that supports the VPN Director

Is there a quick way to enable/disable a VPN client for Merlin ?
I have to say that VPN Fusion is a lot more easy to manage and setup than the VPN director, maybe in the future this can be integrated in merlin

Is there a way to quickly switch a VPN client on/off maybe an ssh command or something else that can be done on a phone ?

The webgui works of course but not easy on a tiny screen

Is there a way to quickly switch a VPN client on/off maybe an ssh command or something else that can be done on a phone ?

The webgui works of course but not easy on a tiny screen

For OpenVPN:

Code:
service stop_vpnclient1
service start_vpnclient1

(change the number to match the client unit).

For OpenVPN:

Code:
service stop_vpnclient1
service start_vpnclient1

Hi there,

Do you enter this code in the custom configuration under each VPN client tab? I tried this in custome config and it stopped my VPN working.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Do you enter this code in the custom configuration under each VPN client tab? I tried this in custome config and it stopped my VPN working.
The OP asked for shell commands to stop and start the client. Those are intended to be run over SSH.

If using an Android phone the SSH Button app makes it very easy to send commands to the router via SSH. I use it to disable/enable Diversion ad blocking. iOS has something similar but I don't remember the name.

For OpenVPN:

Code:
service stop_vpnclient1
service start_vpnclient1

Hi @RMerlin,

I use the following commands (ex. Client 1) for Wireguard Clients (like OpenVPN Clients):

Code:
service "stop_wgc 1"
service "start_wgc 1"
service "restart_wgc 1"

But contrary to what happens with commands for OpenVPN (after sent via SSH), which are active in the GUI, with commands for WG, it is not active, at least visibly, but works.
My question, is this how it works? Is it bug? Or are the commands mentioned above not the most correct for interface WG? Thanks.

1682461612957.png

1682461640031.png

You will have to check manually the result. That command will always return "done" as all it does is queue up the request, without knowing if the request will be successful or not.

You will have to check manually the result. That command will always return "done" as all it does is queue up the request, without knowing if the request will be successful or not.

Yes, I understand... the problem is that for WG services, in the GUI, it doesn't show up like it does for OpenVPN services after running the command (my screenshots above). But the service seems to work.

Thanks.

Reactions: Sas
Yes, I understand... the problem is that for WG services, in the GUI, it doesn't show up like it does for OpenVPN services after running the command (my screenshots above). But the service seems to work.

Thanks.
Same problem for me exactly. This seems like a GUI bug.