What's new

VPN Director with TAP tunnel in site-to-site seems not working but allowed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronzino

Occasional Visitor
I am using Asus Melin 386.9

I would like to setup a site to site (site A and site B) TAP OpenVPN tunnel using VPN Director in the following way:
  • only a specific device (b) in site B is connected to site A.
  • All other devices in B (except device b) use the local B internet connection.

But as far as I can see, when I select in site B, the option for a TAP Tunnel, suddenly "Redirect Internet traffic through tunnel" "VPN Director" combo box disapper, and I can only chose between NO or Yes (All).

In the VPN Director page, is not advertised that TAP Tunnel kind is not supported, so I wonder if it is possible to do this or not.

To be more precise, I have to following need

Site A
dhcp server 192.168.119.1 mask 255.255.255.0
site to site server TAP with internet output

Site B
dhcp server 192.168.33.1 mask 255.255.255.0
site to site client TAP with only a single device (called lets say b) that throught the VPN Director, reach DHCP server at site A, which assign it an ip from the pool 192.168.119.x

In other words, i would like to have just one device of site B that acts like it stay in site A LAN at layer 2, with a given ip address from the DHCP of site A

Is it possible ?

Last edited: