What's new

VPN for certain streaming on Google home

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathan Dixon

Occasional Visitor
Hopefully this is the best place for this question...

I have an Asus router handling my network and have 3 Google Home speakers. I also have a Nord vpn subscription.

I live in the UK and I'd really like to be able to use the streaming service Pandora (for which you need a US vpn).

I know I can use my router to put the Google Home speakers through a vpn but the problem with that is that to stream BBC channels, that I also use a lot, I need to be in the UK. Last time I tried (albeit not recently) BBC didn't even work with UK-based vpn.

Is there any way to have just Pandora going through the vpn on the speakers? I know I can do it on my android phone so I'm hoping it is possible on the speakers too.

Any suggestions?

If you set up your VPN client, at the bottom there is an option for 'Force Internet traffic through tunnel'. Select 'Policy Rules'.

Under the section that will appear, you just need to put the domain range in for 'Destination IP'. I just googled the domain range to get the IP. So for Pandora it is 208.85.40.0/24 which is 208.85.40.0 - 208.85.40.255. That's all I did.