What's new

VPN fusion doesn't honor ipv6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stroper

Occasional Visitor
Hello there!

I have activated VPN client using VPN fusion feature on GT-AXE11000 router and assigned it to specific devices. It's working fine for ipv4. However, the same doesn't work for ipv6. I double checked via IP leak website. I didn't see much in the documentation on ipv6 support with VPN fusion. To make it work, I disabled ipv6 on my PC.

The router is on the latest firmware.

I'm planning to open a support ticket with Asus on this. I appreciate if you have any guidance in between.

Thanks!

Hello, I'm having the same issue have you figured out a way? I also contacted Asus about this and waiting for something...

Any news on the topic?
Same problem here , kind a useless if ip is
Leaked when use ipv6

IPv6 leaks with on-router VPN client are known for years. If you don't need IPv6 - keep it at default Disabled. It is default Disabled for a reason and on-device VPN clients disable locally IPv6 for a reason. Some people enable IPv6 just to try it and hurt themselves in the process sometimes even without knowing for months and years. Most commercial VPN providers don't support IPv6. Asus VPN clients don't have IPv6 support.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!