What's new

VPN Server - Need Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iwod

Regular Contributor
I have trouble setting up VPN Server. While All other part of Software "seems" to work well. At least when i type DDNS Name: Port Number. Photo Station works.

But My VPN Server is not responding. I try all port forward and even DMZ ( Which should work, right ?) My VPN server is still not working.

I am using a Buffalo G300NH and Synology 212J, any help would be appreciated.

Need more details. What kind of VPN? What are you using for a client?

Synology VPN Server. Using PPTP since that is the most supported protocol on Windows operating system.

Tried connecting using default client on Windows XP , Vista, 7, 8, iPhone. None of them connects.

Router is 192.168.11.1 Buffalo G300NH Router.

NAS is 192.168.11.10 / 100
10 was inside the DHCP Zone, but i already excluded the address.
100 was outside DHCP Zone

Both Doesn't work.

Tried to manually forward TDP Port 17xx ( cant remember the exact number )
Didn't work

Tried Putting both IP address ( 10 / 100 ) inside DMZ. No Go.

Tried Untick all Firewall options inside Router. No go.

I have absolutely no idea what went wrong.

I think i will just answer my own question. It has something to do with Buffalo Router.

I am now using a cheap TP-Link 841ND, so far much more reliable and got VPN working.

My idea is that Buffalo has built in VPN server which somehow doesn't allow ALL things to pass through. Even though i have DISABLE the VPN Server and Allow VPN pass through.