What's new

VPN Solution???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ApexRon

Very Senior Member
VPN.jpegRT-AC86U with 386-3, I have done my Google search and cannot find anything that validates what I would like accomplish. Hopefully one of you can confirm.

As the image depicts I would like our AppleTV to use a VPN tunnel to our VPN service provider while all other devices on our network will be using the normal path to our ISP and the internet. Can I accomplish this with VPN Director and VPN Client?

Yes, definitely. Assign manual IP to your AppleTV, route it through VPN, all the rest through WAN. I don't have any Asus routers running Asuswrt-Merlin at the moment to show you the configuration, someone else will do it for you shortly. Just confirming it is possible and easy.

Yes, definitely. Assign manual IP to your AppleTV, route it through VPN, all the rest through WAN. I don't have any Asus routers running Asuswrt-Merlin at the moment to show you the configuration, someone else will do it for you shortly. Just confirming it is possible and easy.
Thank you for the reply. Looking at the latest Asuswrt-Merlin it seemed possible though I could find no reference. Unfortunately I want to only want to VPN to the UK and Australia on occasion so that means I have to have at least two ovpn files and then go into the router configuration to toggle. It would be nice to have an app on AppleTV... oh well.

I haven't loaded/tested the new 386.3 yet, but the new VPN Director instructions are here:

I have my Roku set up in the same way that you describe by having the Roku connected to a certain guest wifi network that uses a certain vpn client. The only way I know how to do this (with my limited networking knowledge) is with YazFi.

View attachment 35198RT-AC86U with 386-3, I have done my Google search and cannot find anything that validates what I would like accomplish. Hopefully one of you can confirm.

As the image depicts I would like our AppleTV to use a VPN tunnel to our VPN service provider while all other devices on our network will be using the normal path to our ISP and the internet. Can I accomplish this with VPN Director and VPN Client?
i want to do the same with my VPN client for PS4 and the rest through normal path from the ISP. But when i start the VPN, it's connected but said the internet traffic is not redirecting. Anyone can help to show how to config the VPN director? Thanks!

i want to do the same with my VPN client for PS4 and the rest through normal path from the ISP. But when i start the VPN, it's connected but said the internet traffic is not redirecting. Anyone can help to show how to config the VPN director? Thanks!
I got mine working though the RT-AC86U cpu can be bogged down due to encryption making the connection a little slower. I recommend that you upgrade to 386-3.2 and read the readme.txt included. If you're still having an issue after the upgrade, take screen shots of your VPN Client and VPN Configuration panels and include in your reply.