What's new

VPN Tunnel between 2 x Asus RT-N66U via OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It is:

Bridge table: filter
Bridge chain: INPUT, entries: 0, policy: ACCEPT
Bridge chain: FORWARD, entries: 0, policy: ACCEPT
Bridge chain: OUTPUT, entries: 0, policy: ACCEPT

I take it it is not working,

I think i am good to go, ebtables -L command now acknowledges the entries in the script. I'll try it out tomorrow at the Client's site.
Thanks again bbsc! you are my hero:)

Last edited:
I am running site to site OVPN between routers using Merlin's latest on the server router (AC68U now, N66U previously) and 13 clients (N66U's) of varying Merlin versions running just about as optimally as it can be here. I could probably give some guidance/reiterate on what I have done. My time is slim as of late, but I can try my best if that works...

Hi man.
I have the same routers with Marlin firmware on both and i can't connect them.
Please help me

Thanks in advance, Stas

Hello guys, how are you? Hope this finds you well.

I'm trying to setup a tunnel between an AC5300 (client) and an AC87U (server), both running 380.67

I'm failing to setup a second OpenVPN server (TAP) in a AC87U with the attached settings, based on a suggestion from one of the previous posts in this thread, and I am getting consistent error stating "OpenVPN server daemon failed to start" with no further information. I'm hoping someone could give me a hint of where is the error. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ac87u error.PNG
    ac87u error.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 606
Hello guys, how are you? Hope this finds you well.

I'm trying to setup a tunnel between an AC5300 (client) and an AC87U (server), both running 380.67

I'm failing to setup a second OpenVPN server (TAP) in a AC87U with the attached settings, based on a suggestion from one of the previous posts in this thread, and I am getting consistent error stating "OpenVPN server daemon failed to start" with no further information. I'm hoping someone could give me a hint of where is the error. Many thanks in advance.
Are you using different ports? or 1194 in both