What's new

VPN (WireGuard) Client (& a Proxy Server?) on Router, use (Proxied) VPN for FFOX-Proxy ONLY

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Myrddin

New Around Here
Not sure if I'll be able to describe what I have in mind, well; here goes...
Basically, I want to only use my VPN on my FireFox Browser, no other traffic on my system needs to tunnel through the VPN.

To do this, I would plan to:
1. Run a VPN Client on my MerlinWRT Router, WireGuard preferentially. - done.
2. Probably need to run some sort of Socks5 Proxy Server to proxy the VPN traffic through on my LAN (ShadowSocks seems to be the popular software these days). I can't seem to find much besides Acris/shadowsocks-asuswrt-merlin on GitHub
(sidenote - my VPN Provider offers Socks5 Proxy Service on all their VPN Servers, in other words, you have to be tunneled to their VPN already - this doesn't seem relevant to my use-case)
3. Use the SOCKS5 Host Address & Port No (of proxy service running on router on LAN) as my FFOX Browser Proxy.

Is such a thing even possible?...
even_possible_aliens.gif

Last edited:
launcher script:
Bash:
function wg_launch {
  sudo killall "$1" &>/dev/null
  wait
  sudo /usr/local/src/wireguard-namespace/wg-netns-execute netns "runuser -u "$USER" "$(which "$1")" &"
}

Last edited:
Did you run this script on your MerlinWRT wireguard Installation or some other way ? Do you have a way for this to run automatically on reboot or is that not necessay ?