What's new

Wall Adapters & Homeplugs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eldram

Regular Contributor
I've been a user of powerline adapters for a while now, to great success, and now I'm looking to add some more. However, I've pretty much run out of open wall sockets in the room I'm interested in extending to. I know that you're not supposed to connect them to surge protectors, but what about wall adapters such as this? Hope someone can shed some light on this for me, thanks!

Basically those outlet expander as the same as power strips...

I was afraid of that. Is there anything else I can do? I can't free up a wall socket in the area I'm looking to expand :(

There are adapters with pass-thru - the challenge there is some might block the other socket in the outlet...

Just try it. That adapter is pretty compact and contains no cabling.

Homeplug adapters with pass-through outlets are a better option because they include filtering on the pass-through out.et.

Basically those outlet expander as the same as power strips...
I have to correct you. The following are not power strips, but just splitters:
VUPN7919.jpg

6OutletAdapter.jpg

And I've used them successfully with powerline adapters for a few years now (specifically the Netgear and Actiontec 500av series).

I typically get the 6 outlet one and put the powerline on one side. Then you can plug everything else in or even use a 6-strip/surge strip.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!