What's new

WAN connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am running an ac68u on 386.2 with a draytek vigor 130 (in modem / bridge mode) totally fine with pppoe... my isp is the german telekom. Let me know if I can provide information for comparison.

I am running an ac68u on 386.2 with a draytek vigor 130 (in modem / bridge mode) totally fine with pppoe... my isp is the german telekom. Let me know if I can provide information for comparison.
My provider is Slovak Telekom. VDSL 40 / 4. I access the network via a modem router in bridge mode (I don't remember the brand). Next week I'll make a backup 384.19 and try 386.2 We'll see ...

Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure, why it is happening, I recently notice with the newest firmware upgrade and I am getting random disconnection and errors and it was the same as been posted earlier.
My H/W C1.
I do try to remove the merlin and try to install Asus firmware (Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.386_41994) but I still see the above errors/resetting issue and but it seems it is reduced. But I can't confirm this since it been 5 hours only when I moved from merlin.

This is from 2.4. now is +12 days and still no problems ..

thanks for the reply!
let me see this as well

Thanks for the reply.
I am not sure, why it is happening, I recently notice with the newest firmware upgrade and I am getting random disconnection and errors and it was the same as been posted earlier.
My H/W C1.
I do try to remove the merlin and try to install Asus firmware (Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.386_41994) but I still see the above errors/resetting issue and but it seems it is reduced. But I can't confirm this since it been 5 hours only when I moved from merlin.
My last stable official version did not work 3.0.0.4.386.41634 2021/01/18.

I do try to remove the merlin and try to install Asus firmware (Firmware Version:9.0.0.4.386_41994)

This is a beta version from Asus and it will probably only be a security fix so I don't think it will help like me.

Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version
2021/02/01 40.45 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 (Beta Version)
Security Fixed:
Fixed CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686

I tried to work with 384.19, but I was getting the same error and resetting issue so, I thought to go with Asus firmware and same time raised a request with the Asus team to take a look.
Is there any way to flash 384.19 which helped to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

I tried to work with 384.19, but I was getting the same error and resetting issue so, I thought to go with Asus firmware and same time raised a request with the Asus team to take a look.
Is there any way to flash 384.19 which helped to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Factory settings and set only PPPoE + wifi if necessary. Do not make any other settings. In case it will work without problems, set other things gradually later.

Try to turn off NAT acceleration in LAN settings, that's one thing I'd try in your place ...

Factory settings and set only PPPoE + wifi if necessary. Do not make any other settings. In case it will work without problems, set other things gradually later.

Try to turn off NAT acceleration in LAN settings, that's one thing I'd try in your place ...
Will try to and see if it works.
thanks for the suggestion!

General question: Are you using powerlan/dlan in your networks? If so, try to unplug and run your network without them for some time. Especially with VDSL they are really disruptive (in the german telekom forum they are really often mentioned)

Just to update!
Seams issue was happening because of the faulty hardware switch which the vendor replaced and no more wan restart issue.
Now I am back to the merlin 386.2_2 version.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!