What's new

WAN connection issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freeshka

Occasional Visitor
Hi!
I have issue that is stable reproducing from release to release. When router is restarted it sometimes fails to establish LAN connection. It's connected to Huawei xPON terminal that I got from my Internet provider.

To establish connection, I unplug WAN cable from my ASUS router (sometimes I need to repeat it twice or even more times). When router can't connect, WAN led is blinking very-very fast.

You may review my logs from attachment https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22494849/syslog.txt

Hi,

First thought I had: What about the cable between router and your WAN device? Do you have a CAT6 or at least CAT5e one to connect your router to WAN?

With kind regards
Joe

Hi,
I have CAT5 cable as far as I know. I have no issues when the connection is established, only when my router is rebooted.

Hi,
I have CAT5 cable as far as I know. I have no issues when the connection is established, only when my router is rebooted.
You need a Gbit-cable for a stable Gbit-connection... CAT5 is a 100 Mbit only cable... so: router is trying hard to establish the connection but it might fail... :confused:

You need a Gbit-cable for a stable Gbit-connection... CAT5 is a 100 Mbit only cable... so: router is trying hard to establish the connection but it might fail... :confused:
According to my internet plan, I have speeds up to 50 Mbit/s. So CAT5 is ok for me.
Maybe I can get extended or debug logs to analyze the issue more precisely?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!