TLDR: w/Router: 250Mbps down. wo/Router: 980Mbps down.Router: ASUS RT-AC68R w/ Merlin 386.3_2
WAN: 1Gbps/1Gbps fiber-to-the-home
I have been worries about my speeds lately as downloading Steam games was taking longer than I thought it should.
I have been using spdMerlin over the last week and have seen that I cannot get much better than 250Mbps/300Mbps average.
I opened a ticket with my ISP and we did some troubleshooting.
I ended up bypassing my router and plugging an older MacBook Pro. I used the same test and server as spdMerlin and was getting about 980Mbps/900Mbps...
I know this router is capable of getting in the 900's as I have had a similar fiber connection at another residence in another state.
- The WAN connection on the router is registering it's negotiated to 1Gbps to the ONT
- There is no QoS enabled
- There are no Game Modes enabled
- Test results are similar with 0 devices on the router or 20
- Test results are similar over Wi-Fi
- No VPN clients/servers are in use on the router
- Router temps are normal
- Other speed tests get similar results (DSLreports, fast.com)