What's new

WAN IP and hostname verification not respecting interval

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Deetlemore

Occasional Visitor
I'm running an AX86U Pro and recently updated to 3004.388.6_2. The only addon I use is scMerlin 2.5.1. I had issues connecting devices to the 5 GHz band after the update, so I performed a full reset and initialize through the GUI which remedied the issue.

It's been about 10 days and I just now noticed that, at least according to the system log, my IP and hostname are being checked every 48 hours despite being set to the default of once every hour. I'm using the "ddns: IP address, server and hostname have not changed since the last update" message to track this since it used to display that message about every hour prior to updating (not that I think this firmware revision is directly responsible).

So far I've tried toggling IP and hostname verification off and on, DDNS as a whole off and on, changing the update interval, and rebooting the router. Unfortunately, none of this has changed its behavior.

Before I take the plunge and do another full reset, I was wondering if anyone had anything I could try prior.

I gave a full reset a try to no avail, still checking every two days for some reason.

The icing on the cake was needing 3 resets until it took properly. The first one left my 5 GHz band in a state where no device would stay connected. The second spat out some bizarre error message in the system log once every second. Then the third reset worked as expected. These routers really test my patience at times. At this point I'll just live with it; I don't want to go through the reset juggle again anytime soon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!