What's new

WAN nervous breakdown

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
2019-08-01 (2).png
Hi, gurus I have been having a weird problem lately. Every time I stop using my VPN for streaming and swap to DNS proxy instead my rt ac 88 u (was on merlin 384.12 now on 384.13) connection fails .or more stutters, over and over again for about 5 maybe 10 minutes. I haven't had a chance yet to see if it does it on 384.13 but somehow I think it will still be an issue as rmerlin is to good at his magic for me to think the problem lay with the firmware. I have added my logs hoping someone can make head or tales out of them god knows I can't. ps I say stutters because that's how it looks e.g the LED will flicker, go off, turn red then go white again and will repeat this behaviour for a while until it settles down

Attachments

• 2019-08-01 (1).png
    2019-08-01 (1).png
    267.1 KB · Views: 330
Picture is too small to read. Save the entire syslog to a file and upload it to somewhere like pastebin.

Looks like a reboot happened.

Your new screen shot shows that the router has just rebooted. The picture only shows a few lines of the log so it's impossible to know any more. Like I said, save the entire syslog to a text file and upload it to pastebin.

Your new screen shot shows that the router has just rebooted. The picture only shows a few lines of the log so it's impossible to know any more. Like I said, save the entire syslog to a text file and upload it to pastebin.
I am trying but I'm not very good with computers I will get there though.I did reboot it between changing from VPN to DNS proxy in order to change the IP address before saving it on my DDNS page , it's just faster that way.It is the behavior after the reboot that is the issue and I will get it posted as soon as I can