What's new

WAN was exceptionally disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joined to say that turning off network monitoring via ping worked for me too, to resolve exactly this problem that was happening extremely often. So pleased I saw your post! I switched to monitoring via DNS lookup and that doesn’t cause the same problem for me no disconnects for days. Running 386_45934 on an AX82U, and using AiMesh.
I as well joined just to say thank you and confirm also this work around.
I would have WAN disconnections, "WAN Connection: WAN was exceptionally disconnected", every other day or even daily. After switching to "DNS Query" &"DNS probe", for the last 8 days all is stable.
In my troubleshooting, AI Mesh netw AX86U (v.386_46061)+ RP-AX56 (v.386_42860), even the ISP ONT was exchanged and traces running on their interface and side, to no use. Undetermined reasons for WAN disconnection.

Seems there is a deep laying bug in the software when AiMesh is active and PING probing.

Same router without AiMesh active, same ISP provider but different ONT, would not determine this WAN fail.

Thank you again and hope this will resolved in a future FW upgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!