What's new

Way to use AiMesh to extend WiFi from another router?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jay613

Occasional Visitor
Pretty sure this is a dead end but may as well ask: I have an AiMesh network with several nodes to cover my whole house. My alarm company installed their own WiFi router, which accesses the internet through mine but broadcasts its own WiFi signal to communicate with some of their gadgets. I have no access to admin their router. Their WiFi signal does not reach all the corners of my house. They don't offer any solution for that (or if they did, it would cost a ridiculous amount of money). Can anyone think of a way for me to use my AiMesh network to extend THEIR wifi? In the picture below, the idea would be that "My AiMesh Node" would carry traffic for "Their Net" back to their (green) router.

I have no dumb wifi repeaters in my home. Presumably if I installed any for this purpose they would interfere with and slow down my own network right?

1606100536500.png

Pretty sure this is a dead end but may as well ask: I have an AiMesh network with several nodes to cover my whole house. My alarm company installed their own WiFi router, which accesses the internet through mine but broadcasts its own WiFi signal to communicate with some of their gadgets. I have no access to admin their router. Their WiFi signal does not reach all the corners of my house. They don't offer any solution for that (or if they did, it would cost a ridiculous amount of money). Can anyone think of a way for me to use my AiMesh network to extend THEIR wifi? In the picture below, the idea would be that "My AiMesh Node" would carry traffic for "Their Net" back to their (green) router.

I have no dumb wifi repeaters in my home. Presumably if I installed any for this purpose they would interfere with and slow down my own network right?

View attachment 27877

First thoughts... either they need to fix/expand their own network or put their clients on one of your networks. The latter suggestion only makes worse the dependency of their alarm system on your network... on you.

OE