What's new

WD NAS PR2100 disappears from RT-N66U clients list since FW 3.0.0.4.380.8120

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rd1600

New Around Here
Hi all,

Since the release of FW ver 3.0.0.4.380.8120 for RT-N66U, whenever the PR2100 NAS from WD is power cycled, it disappears from the clients list and it becomes completely inaccessible on the network. Unplugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable fixes the issue until there is another power cycle on the NAS and the same issue happens.

I have tested this with 2 different MyCloud PR2100 devices with the same exact result. Rolling back the FW on the RT-N66U to version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 fixes the issue.

I verified this bug still exists in 3.0.0.4.380.8228.

I even tried installing Merlin ver 380.69_2 and the issue does exist in Merlin's FW also.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi all,

Since the release of FW ver 3.0.0.4.380.8120 for RT-N66U, whenever the PR2100 NAS from WD is power cycled, it disappears from the clients list and it becomes completely inaccessible on the network. Unplugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable fixes the issue until there is another power cycle on the NAS and the same issue happens.

I have tested this with 2 different MyCloud PR2100 devices with the same exact result. Rolling back the FW on the RT-N66U to version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 fixes the issue.

I verified this bug still exists in 3.0.0.4.380.8228.

I even tried installing Merlin ver 380.69_2 and the issue does exist in Merlin's FW also.

Any help is appreciated.
Issue isn't with Asus but Windows. Enable SMB1 in Windows 10.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Issue isn't with Asus but Windows. Enable SMB1 in Windows 10.

Thanks for your reply. The issue appears to be different than the SMB1 that you are referring to. If it was just SMB, I should have been able to ping the NAS or at least get to its web based dashboard or access the data over the internet but I'm unable to do any of those until I unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable. For some reason after a power cycle the n66u acts like the NAS doesn't exist.

Thanks for your reply. The issue appears to be different than the SMB1 that you are referring to. If it was just SMB, I should have been able to ping the NAS or at least get to its web based dashboard or access the data over the internet but I'm unable to do any of those until I unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable. For some reason after a power cycle the n66u acts like the NAS doesn't exist.
Next, try another ethernet cable.

I have tried another cable. Same results. Like I mentioned before, this issue gets fixed when I roll back to FW 3.0.0.4.380.7743. So that by itself tells me that the FW is the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!