What's new

uiDivStats Webpage doesnt show any information

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

miniterror

Regular Contributor
Unfortionally this isnt working for me anymore, not sure what i did wrong but im quite sure its something on my end as it worked on my previous installation.
Yesterday i clean installed Merlin 386.1on my AX86 router and formatted the USB drive i have in it.
Installed Diversion again, then spdMerlin followed by uiDivStats and have a 2Gb swapfile active on it.
When going to LAN>uiDivStats i can see the page but there is no content at all in the graphs or filter field.
Looking in Diversion and following the dnsmasq log file i can see its working and blocking adds.
I also have dsnmasq logging turned on and i can see the fileformat growing in the Diversion menu.

Side request, for spdMerlin you created a new tab section addons and made the tab with information there, cant the uiDivStats be placed there too to have one place for the addons webpages?

Unfortionally this isnt working for me anymore, not sure what i did wrong but im quite sure its something on my end as it worked on my previous installation.
Yesterday i clean installed Merlin 386.1on my AX86 router and formatted the USB drive i have in it.
Installed Diversion again, then spdMerlin followed by uiDivStats and have a 2Gb swapfile active on it.
When going to LAN>uiDivStats i can see the page but there is no content at all in the graphs or filter field.
Looking in Diversion and following the dnsmasq log file i can see its working and blocking adds.
I also have dsnmasq logging turned on and i can see the fileformat growing in the Diversion menu.
Do you see the database file growing in /opt/share/uiDivStats/dnsqueries.db?

Side request, for spdMerlin you created a new tab section addons and made the tab with information there, cant the uiDivStats be placed there too to have one place for the addons webpages?
@thelonelycoder and I agreed to keep uiDivStats alongside the Diversion WebUI (currently alpha/beta) which will appear in the LAN section

Thx for getting back to me.
Doing a watch on the /opt/share/uiDivStats.d directory i can see the filesize growing of the dnsqueries.db

As for the addons tab, i understand thx for clearing that up, although my personal opinion is that it might be better to have all addons from all you wonderfull devis in the same place

@Jack Yaz any idea what might be causing this?
I see the file growing you mentioned but still the webui stays empty.

I was running 386beta4, installed the stable 386.1, factory reset and checked the box to delete all settings.
Formatted USB and jffs and then reinstalled everything

@Jack Yaz any idea what might be causing this?
I see the file growing you mentioned but still the webui stays empty.

I was running 386beta4, installed the stable 386.1, factory reset and checked the box to delete all settings.
Formatted USB and jffs and then reinstalled everything
Do you get any errors if you use option 1 of uiDivStats command line menu?

Do you get any errors if you use option 1 of uiDivStats command line menu?
I do not receive a error when using option 1.
It states "uiDivStats: Stats updated succesfully"
Checked the webintrface afterwards and now i see data there.
One thing though i notice in the query log, the entrys are time based sorted to show the latest entrys at the top, the number 1 entry seems to be static entry.
This entry is from 2.5 hours ago.
Could there be a corruption in the file, hence it took so long to actually show data and showing a old entry as latest?
See the entry from 07:06 always at the top

Code:
2021-05-05 07:06    fcm.googleapis.com    192.168.1.91    A    Allowed
2021-02-04 09:38    redirector.googlevideo.com    192.168.1.172    A    Allowed
2021-02-04 09:38    spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com    192.168.1.120    AAAA    Allowed

I do not receive a error when using option 1.
It states "uiDivStats: Stats updated succesfully"
Checked the webintrface afterwards and now i see data there.
One thing though i notice in the query log, the entrys are time based sorted to show the latest entrys at the top, the number 1 entry seems to be static entry.
This entry is from 2.5 hours ago.
Could there be a corruption in the file, hence it took so long to actually show data and showing a old entry as latest?
See the entry from 07:06 always at the top

Code:
2021-05-05 07:06    fcm.googleapis.com    192.168.1.91    A    Allowed
2021-02-04 09:38    redirector.googlevideo.com    192.168.1.172    A    Allowed
2021-02-04 09:38    spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com    192.168.1.120    AAAA    Allowed
Look at the date, looks like a dns entry was logged before ntp started. I'll update query log to disregard any entries from the future

Look at the date, looks like a dns entry was logged before ntp started. I'll update query log to disregard any entries from the future
Dohhh, i need to wake up and get my head togheter.
Thx for that.

Any idea what initially caused the webpage to stay empty and not show any information?
Are there some logs i could fetch from the Asus before they are overwritten?

Dohhh, i need to wake up and get my head togheter.
Thx for that.

Any idea what initially caused the webpage to stay empty and not show any information?
Are there some logs i could fetch from the Asus before they are overwritten?
There's an hourly task that does the same action as option 1, i can only surmise the cron job didn't create properly. Can you check if you see uiDivStats entries if you run

cru l

please? That's a lowercase L

There's an hourly task that does the same action as option 1, i can only surmise the cron job didn't create properly. Can you check if you see uiDivStats entries if you run

cru l

please? That's a lowercase L

I have below output at this moment, i do not know what it was before the option 1.

Code:
00 2 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div reset #Diversion_UpdateBL#
20 5 * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/rotate-logs.div #Diversion_RotateLogs#
20 17 * * * diversion count_ads count #Diversion_CountAds#
30 1 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/stats.div #Diversion_WeeklyStats#
12,42 0-23 * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#
0 * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats generate #uiDivStats_generate#
3 0 * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats trimdb #uiDivStats_trim#
* * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats querylog #uiDivStats_querylog#
4,9,14,19,24,29,34,39,44,49,54,59 * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats flushtodb #uiDivStats_flushtodb#
*/5 * * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/yt-blocking.div #Diversion_YTblocking#

I have below output at this moment, i do not know what it was before the option 1.

Code:
00 2 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div reset #Diversion_UpdateBL#
20 5 * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/rotate-logs.div #Diversion_RotateLogs#
20 17 * * * diversion count_ads count #Diversion_CountAds#
30 1 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/stats.div #Diversion_WeeklyStats#
12,42 0-23 * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#
0 * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats generate #uiDivStats_generate#
3 0 * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats trimdb #uiDivStats_trim#
* * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats querylog #uiDivStats_querylog#
4,9,14,19,24,29,34,39,44,49,54,59 * * * * /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats flushtodb #uiDivStats_flushtodb#
*/5 * * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/yt-blocking.div #Diversion_YTblocking#
Looks like everything is there. Only other thing to check at this stage is for any messages in System Log from uiDivStats

Looks like everything is there. Only other thing to check at this stage is for any messages in System Log from uiDivStats
I do not see anything secial in there when looking for the keyword uiDivStats.
The lines at 03:56 is from my daily reboot.
09:29 is the manual option 1, since then i actually see data on the webpage.

Code:
    Line 323: Feb  3 21:00:14 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2040: Feb  3 22:00:15 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2479: Feb  3 23:00:16 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2628: Feb  4 00:00:19 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2635: Feb  4 00:03:19 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2750: Feb  4 01:00:14 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2830: Feb  4 02:00:15 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 2942: Feb  4 03:00:15 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 3866: Feb  4 03:56:13 uiDivStats: taildns not started: dnsmasq logging is disabled
    Line 3874: Feb  4 03:56:13 uiDivStats: /tmp/mnt/Adblock contains Entware, starting uiDivStats
    Line 3874: Feb  4 03:56:13 uiDivStats: /tmp/mnt/Adblock contains Entware, starting uiDivStats
    Line 3879: Feb  4 03:56:14 uiDivStats: dnsmasq has restarted, restarting taildns
    Line 3940: Feb  4 03:56:33 uiDivStats: Mounting uiDivStats WebUI page as user2.asp
    Line 3940: Feb  4 03:56:33 uiDivStats: Mounting uiDivStats WebUI page as user2.asp
    Line 3963: Feb  4 04:00:24 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 3998: Feb  4 05:00:16 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4012: Feb  4 06:00:16 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4028: Feb  4 07:00:17 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4074: Feb  4 08:00:17 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4221: Feb  4 09:00:17 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4262: Feb  4 09:29:57 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully
    Line 4411: Feb  4 10:00:17 uiDivStats: Stats updated successfully

Think im going to do a complete reinstall.
Trying to find the different logs i installed Scribe and the UI scribe.
In there i am now seeying
Log file will display here. If you are seeing this message, it means the log file cannot be loaded.
Please check your USB to check the /opt/var/log directory exists."
Seems like i have weird problems on the different scripts so i think something is broken in my setup
Also i do not see Diversion as logs for example while i have that running and the screenshot clearly shows diverison can be a seperate section for logfiles.

As most scripts i have running seem to be coming from you @Jack Yaz is there a best practive install order from all the scripts?
Scripts active: Scribe, uiScribe, uiDivStats, spdMerlin and Diversion.
All is installed on a USB3.1 stick and have a 2Gb swapfile active on it.

I will format USB from AMTM menu with the recommended settings, factory reset with the checkbox checked to delete all data.
And after factory reset do a reset jffs partiiton after reboot too

I'm having the same problem. Have Diversion (webui), skynet, unbound, uidivstats, scmerlin and ntpmerlin (chrony) of this, after a reboot, I'm missing webui for:
Skynet, uidivstats and ntpmerlin, the rest are ok (the webui part)

edit: unbound webui is working but has an option to delete and install webui so I did try to unnistal and gave me this error:
Code:
user4.asp
sed: can't move '/tmp/menuTree.jsKTzQKi' to '/tmp/menuTree.js': Device or resource busy

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. Have Diversion (webui), skynet, unbound, uidivstats, scmerlin and ntpmerlin (chrony) of this, after a reboot, I'm missing webui for:
Skynet, uidivstats and ntpmerlin, the rest are ok (the webui part)

edit: unbound webui is working but has an option to delete and install webui so I did try to unnistal and gave me this error:
Code:
user4.asp
sed: can't move '/tmp/menuTree.jsKTzQKi' to '/tmp/menuTree.js': Device or resource busy
Try disabling Diversion webui and reboot

Think im going to do a complete reinstall.
Trying to find the different logs i installed Scribe and the UI scribe.
In there i am now seeying
Log file will display here. If you are seeing this message, it means the log file cannot be loaded.
Please check your USB to check the /opt/var/log directory exists."
Seems like i have weird problems on the different scripts so i think something is broken in my setup
Also i do not see Diversion as logs for example while i have that running and the screenshot clearly shows diverison can be a seperate section for logfiles.

As most scripts i have running seem to be coming from you @Jack Yaz is there a best practive install order from all the scripts?
Scripts active: Scribe, uiScribe, uiDivStats, spdMerlin and Diversion.
All is installed on a USB3.1 stick and have a 2Gb swapfile active on it.

I will format USB from AMTM menu with the recommended settings, factory reset with the checkbox checked to delete all data.
And after factory reset do a reset jffs partiiton after reboot too
no recommended order. do you see anything if you run
Code:
ls /opt
at the command line/SSH?

I just finished the reinstallation of everything.
Found out for the syslog i need to add specific files from the example folder, so have that active now and working.
All else seems to be working now too.
Did have to uninstall uiDivStats and reinstall again after first installation as it didnt update the blocked stats but now its working as i would expect.
Thx you for the assistence @Jack Yaz.
You and the other devs here do a fantastic job.
Regret i wanted to switxh camps and went Ubiquiti, now with the AX86U i jave everything running agaon as i like, tomorrow my Ubiquiti NanoHD AP will be sold and i just ordered a AX58U too replace it in aimesh setup

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!