What's new

Diversion on AX88U Pro, Entware gone and strange issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rhialto

Brand new router received the same day 3004.388.4 was released so I installed it, then Diversion which installed Entware and finally uiDivStats. I bought a tiny 64GB USB key for this new router.

Now I don't look at my router stats that much but today I found out the USB key was showing on the admin page, like not plugged in. What? It's in there. I unplug/plug it back and it's detected. Now I go on the Diversion tab to generate stats and I see at the top last stats update was September 7th so I guess that's the last time to USB key was working? I click to generate stats and watch the system log and I see this:

Code:
Sep 16 21:31:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 127 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:32:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 187 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:33:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 247 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:34:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 307 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:35:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 367 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:36:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 427 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:37:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 487 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:38:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 547 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:39:00 uiDivStats: Stale lock file found (>600 seconds old) - purging lock
Sep 16 21:39:00 uiDivStats: Stale lock file found (>600 seconds old) - purging lock
Sep 16 21:39:00 uiDivStats: Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)
I then SSH in and Entware is not there. I enter EP to install but says disk not formatted! What? I plug in my PC to long format and all is fine si put it back in router and format as suggested by the FD command and installed Entware then Diversion but uiDivStats was still showing as installed but the uiDivStats was not present on the router and there was no option to refresh this, I tried to force update but that does not check tab presence so I had to uninstall and install it.

I wonder if the USB key is crap, I should have paid a bit more for quality maybe. I'll monitor this daily for a while to see if it will happen again.

Brand new router received the same day 3004.388.4 was released so I installed it, then Diversion which installed Entware and finally uiDivStats. I bought a tiny 64GB USB key for this new router.

Now I don't look at my router stats that much but today I found out the USB key was showing on the admin page, like not plugged in. What? It's in there. I unplug/plug it back and it's detected. Now I go on the Diversion tab to generate stats and I see at the top last stats update was September 7th so I guess that's the last time to USB key was working? I click to generate stats and watch the system log and I see this:

Code:
Sep 16 21:31:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 127 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:32:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 187 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:33:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 247 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:34:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 307 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:35:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 367 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:36:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 427 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:37:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 487 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:38:00 uiDivStats: Lock file found (age: 547 seconds) - statistic generation likely currently in progress
Sep 16 21:39:00 uiDivStats: Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)
I then SSH in and Entware is not there. I enter EP to install but says disk not formatted! What? I plug in my PC to long format and all is fine si put it back in router and format as suggested by the FD command and installed Entware then Diversion but uiDivStats was still showing as installed but the uiDivStats was not present on the router and there was no option to refresh this, I tried to force update but that does not check tab presence so I had to uninstall and install it.

I wonder if the USB key is crap, I should have paid a bit more for quality maybe. I'll monitor this daily for a while to see if it will happen again.
Sounds like it's blinking out... If you haven't already formatted it in AMTM with the fd command, and running a disk check against it... then perhaps it's time to look at something new: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/segmentation-fault-in-amtm.86496/post-861631

The USB key is almost certainly 'crap' for this use case. Don't use one going forward. An external enclosure w/SSD is highly recommended for stable and reliable networking use.

When you flashed the RMerlin firmware, did you do a full reset before minimally and manually configuring it to secure it and connect it to your ISP? If not, do so now.

Do not use a saved backup config file. Do not plug in any USB drive that was previously used for amtm (unless you first format it in a PC with NTFS format).

The USB key is almost certainly 'crap' for this use case. Don't use one going forward. An external enclosure w/SSD is highly recommended for stable and reliable networking use.
I bought it only to run Diversion so not sure what you mean by networking use? I have a NAS for network storage.

Today all was fine but I decided to return it before the return window close. I think I will buy the Samsung BAR Plus 64GB instead of the RAOYI showing as Vendor C like shown here:

1694981933421.png

Running Diversion is networking use. I never mentioned NAS usage.

The Samsung is the same type 'crap' for the use you intend.

Your call.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!