What's new

Weird issues with 2 different Asus Routers.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lukesdiesel

New Around Here
I've got an Asus AC88U connected to 100/100 Fiber Internet. Just out of the blue my Blink cameras will lose connection. When this happens I can check the speed test of my 2.4ghz connection and it will have an extremely high ping and I might get 1mb download. But the speeds on my 5ghz connection will be fine. Sometimes a reboot will fix the issue and sometimes it will not. Once this happens I can not log into the admin panel of my router as it tells me my password is incorrect. The only way to fix this is with a full factory reset. Then my router will work for 1-5 days then the same issue will appear. This issue just started about 2 months ago. I have contacted Asus and they want me to send my router in for repairs. So I ordered a brand new Asus AX88U and low and behold this router is doing the exact same thing as the AC88U. I haven't added any new wireless devices to my router that could cause this issue. Does this sound like Firmware issues on both of these devices or do I have something else going on?

Luke

When you do a reset are you restoring your settings with a file? Don't do that, if you are.

This sounds like interference on the 2.4GHz band. Are you using Auto for your 2.4GHz Control Channel? If so that could explain the behaviour.

In any case it would be better to manually select the control channel and set the bandwidth to 20MHz. You will have to experiment to find which channel is the most stable for you (try 1 then 6 then 11).

When you do a reset are you restoring your settings with a file? Don't do that, if you are.
No its a full factory reset.
This sounds like interference on the 2.4GHz band. Are you using Auto for your 2.4GHz Control Channel? If so that could explain the behaviour.

In any case it would be better to manually select the control channel and set the bandwidth to 20MHz. You will have to experiment to find which channel is the most stable for you (try 1 then 6 then 11).
I have changed these settings and it did not make any difference. I don't understand the issue with the Admin Panel. What would cause my password to stop working?

No its a full factory reset.
OK. It's not uncommon for people to do a full factory reset and then head right over to Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting and do a restore settings. Restoring from a file backup will bring back any problems that existed before.

I don't understand the issue with the Admin Panel. What would cause my password to stop working?
The only reports like this that I can remember (with the WiFi passwords being unaffected) was 1) restoring an old firmware version, 2) restoring an old backup config, or 3) using non-alphanumeric characters in the admin username or password.

The only reports like this that I can remember (with the WiFi passwords being unaffected) was 1) restoring an old firmware version, 2) restoring an old backup config, or 3) using non-alphanumeric characters in the admin username or password.

I have been using the @ symbol in my password. Its worth a shot. I just factory setup my router last night and then this morning it will not take my username or password.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!