What's new

What is current less expensive ASUS with functionality similar to RT-AC679 Wireless AC1900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CqCn

New Around Here
I am new here.

Recently I bought an ASUS RT-AC67P (to replace my old RT-AC52U) mainly because it was deep discounted on Amazon and my old wireless signals were getting rather week at far corners of the house. I now notice that the RT-AC67P is quite an old model, though it has all the functionality I need. So I am curious what the current ASUS lower priced models with similar functionality might be.

I like to stay with the ASUS brand beause transferring all my long custom settings would be easier.

Thank you!

The RT-AC67P is not an old model. In fact it's quite new. It was only released in late 2020. It's WiFi specs are quite old though.

I think the cheapest Asus WiFi 6 router would be the RT-AX53U. I have no idea how good it is though.

Welcome to the forums @CqCn.

Transferring all your 'long custom settings' is not recommended when setting up a new router. Either via a saved backup file (worse idea ever) or, manually inputting them.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Any AC class router isn't worth buying today unless you're prepared to upgrade it in short order anyway.

The RT-AX68U for example is at a different level than even the (previous AC king), the RT-AC86U.

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

Even with all AC client devices, the AX routers recommended above give better performance and offer enhanced security and stability than any AC class router can today.

The RT-AC67P is not an old model. In fact it's quite new. It was only released in late 2020. It's WiFi specs are quite old though.

I think the cheapest Asus WiFi 6 router would be the RT-AX53U. I have no idea how good it is though.
That is interesting! Thanks. I read somewhere in this forum, where there was a list of routers, that the AC67P was replaced by another number altother, ...86....! Perhaps I misread it. I have a lot of devices, many Amazon Echos (5), very large number of power control devices, etc. So compatibility and ease of setup if high on my priority. From AC52U to AC67P all transferred without any problems. Do you know the class difference between AC class and AX class? Any pointers to an online document

Do you know the class difference between AC class and AX class? Any pointers to an online document

Welcome to the forums @CqCn.

Transferring all your 'long custom settings' is not recommended when setting up a new router. Either via a saved backup file (worse idea ever) or, manually inputting them.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

Any AC class router isn't worth buying today unless you're prepared to upgrade it in short order anyway.

The RT-AX68U for example is at a different level than even the (previous AC king), the RT-AC86U.

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

Even with all AC client devices, the AX routers recommended above give better performance and offer enhanced security and stability than any AC class router can today.
Thank you very much! Is the differences between AC and AX class all in the wireless? I do not know the differences between AC, AX cllients. Will AC clients work at least equally with AX routers?

I now notice that the RT-AC67P is quite an old model, though it has all the functionality I need.

It's a 2020 model with MediaTek SoC and AC Wave 2 radios. If it's working well for you, why change it? You just want to pay more money?

I like to stay with the ASUS brand beause transferring all my long custom settings would be easier.

You can't transfer settings from one router to another. Save/restore works guaranteed on the same hardware with the same firmware only.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!