What's new

What's the trick to dnsmasq.conf.add with manual assignments?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jrhjr

New Around Here
Is there a trick to using dnsmasq.conf.add? All I'm doing is putting dhcp-host lines into it...

I've tried :
chmod a+rx /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add
nvram set jffs2_scripts=1

• Even though this was already set in the web gui
The lines I'd like get added to : /tmp/etc/dnsmasq.conf but the manually assigned addresses don't show up in the web gui? I assume the should? I've tried a variety of formats including the prescribed format from this forum:
dhcp-host=00:15:5d:01:20:0e,host1.domain.com,192.168.1.242

And the way I noticed the router putting them in:
dhcp-host=E8:AB:FA:6A:2E:5A,set:E8:AB:FA:6A:2E:5A,192.168.1.213

I haven't confirmed whether the clients still pull the addresses but I sort of expect they won't?

This is running Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 on an RT-AC86U that is currently meshed with an AC68U and an XT8.

Help?

Thanks for the response - I did not know this existed and am coming up on the internal limit so it'll be useful.

While I have your attention - are you aware of any solutions to reserve/manually assign addresses on a AiMesh guest network sync'd to all nodes (so that dnsmasq/dhcp will distribute them vs. hard coding the device itself)? Will YazFi do this (though I'm not sure of the YazFi status on the 386.* firmware - last I read you were working on it and it was complexicated)?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!