What's new

What's wrong with this forum? So slow!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

follower

Very Senior Member
If I login it's so slow. If I click any link and menu it takes 1~3 mins. There is no issue if I don't login.
Is there any problem with this forum?

No. :)

What device(s) and browsers are you using? What network (ISP)? What router and how is it set up and connected to?

No. :)

What device(s) and browsers are you using? What network (ISP)? What router and how is it set up and connected to?

Nothing to do with his router or how it's setup! He said the forum is fine till he logs in. @follower Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again.

Nothing to do with his router or how it's setup! He said the forum is fine till he logs in. @follower Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again.
Router setup: fine.
Cache and cookies: cleared.
Windows and softwares: fine.
It has been happened for 3~4 weeks. I thought there was a forum issue. But I found other users don't have any issue except me. The interesting thing is I got this issue since there was a conflict with some users here. I only have this issue with Snbforum. There are no issues with other websites.

The forums are behind Cloudflare. If you aren't using your ISP's DNS, try switching to them to compare the speed, in case your DNS server might be rerouting you to a far away Cloudflare node.

We don't know that do we? Many options are available to cause these types of issues (inadvertently, of course) with an incorrectly configured router and/or scripts. :)

For example, is this the same behavior if he is connected via LTE (and no VPN)?

Is another computer at a different location behaving similarly (without modifications of the OS and browser via addons, etc.)?

The forums are behind Cloudflare. If you aren't using your ISP's DNS, try switching to them to compare the speed, in case your DNS server might be rerouting you to a far away Cloudflare node.
I know it's behind Cloudflare. There is no problem with it. You know what? It has been fixed after I mentioned my issue. How can I accept this? Was it just a coincidence?

How can I accept this? Was it just a coincidence?

Just do so. :)

Of course, it was a coincidence. Or do you think SNB is targetting you? :) :) :)

Just do so. :)

Of course, it was a coincidence. Or do you think SNB is targetting you? :) :) :)

I don't think it wasn't a coincidence. Sometimes thiggins deletes my posts without any notice. He even calls me a troll.:( He even talks to the users don't feed me.;)

I don't think it wasn't a coincidence. Sometimes thiggins deletes my posts without any notice. He even calls me a troll.:( He even talks to the users don't feed me.;)

Maybe try to not make threads like this one then?

You seem to be trying a lot of things without understanding much or any of it in various posts across the forums here. ;)

Maybe try to not make threads like this one then?

You seem to be trying a lot of things without understanding much or any of it in various posts across the forums here. ;)

ASUS fanboys hate me.:p However they don't know I have more ASUS items than them.

ASUS fanboys hate me.:p However they don't know I have more ASUS items than them.

I haven't seen anyone 'hate' you? Maybe time to simply be more mature in this esteemed company we're both allowed to be in? :)

I haven't seen anyone 'hate' you? Maybe time to simply be more mature in this esteemed company we're both allowed to be in? :)

Yes, but... the more mature I get, the slower I get! :)

OE

Seems that this thread is on a fast track to derailing, so I'll lock this before things get ugly, since the issue seems to be gone. Just create another thread if it comes back.

If not Cloudflare, the only other theory I might have would be related to ads. A few months ago, this forum kept trying to load an ad from the "todo" domain, which caused issues with some of my devices. We never tracked down which provider was pushing this invalid ad URL. It lasted for a few weeks before going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.