What's new

FlexQoS What's wrong?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
I'm not sure if I'm understanding FlexQos Traffic Classification. Packet Rate should indicate what Class e.g. Gaming, Web Surfing, etc. the packets are filtered through. So if I have Gaming at the highest priority then the packets should be going through gaming and not Web surfing like they do when I run UT4.

Do I have something set up wrong? Am I not understanding how it works? Did I configure something wrong???

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 177
I suppose you don’t understand what to expect. Classification is done by the Trend Micro engine. If traffic is being mis-classified, then the engine must not be aware of your UT4 traffic. In FlexQoS, you can create rules to help identify traffic and direct it to the desired class. It doesn’t sound like you’ve done that yet.

Don't assume I know what I'm doing with any of FlexQos. For a dirty work around I tried to edit the 3 AppDB Applications for Web Surfing to change them into gaming, and upon hitting the edit key it deleted the application. Is this a bug or ?

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 154
you can create rules to help identify traffic and direct it to the desired class. It doesn’t sound like you’ve done that yet.

I have not and I do not know anything about how to do that. I don't know any of the behavior of the router e.g. when setting one thing, something else changes etc.

So if some gaming traffic is being routed in through the Web Surfing class and I change the priority of that to the highest and then observe that container while gaming, no traffic gets filtered through it. WTF is with that?

So if some gaming traffic is being routed in through the Web Surfing class and I change the priority of that to the highest and then observe that container while gaming, no traffic gets filtered through it. WTF is with that?
If the Trend Micro DPI engine identifies the gaming traffic as Web Surfing, then it will always be web surfing no matter what priority to set the Gaming category as. The only way to change the Class the traffic will end up in is to setup an iptables rule in the FlexQoS Customize UI based on the observed characteristics of the traffic in question (IPs, protocol, ports, etc.).

I'd suggest reading the doc on Github as a starting point to see if it helps your understanding of how things work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!