What's new

Which 4G network is stronger? (Mast within 400m - UK)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beardofturtles

Occasional Visitor
I'm 400m away from a mast that appears to have EE and Vodafone services. I'm looking to get 4G broadband and really cant decide between these two providers. Both have similar deals and provide the same router that I like (Huawei CPE Pro). Ping is probably the most important thing for me as I do a bit of gaming and I would rather not have to order both packages just to test out their signal strength.

Managed to pull this info for the nearby mast but have no idea what any of these details mean! Wondering if anyone could shed some light on these?

EE vs Vodafone - Mast Info.jpg

UPDATE: Turns out EE was considerably stronger and they also didnt throttle my speeds which Vodafone did within about 20 minutes of use. Thanks for all your help. Now onto the next problem :)

Last edited:
Seems like the EE Cell 2 is the better choice between these two.

Stronger maximum signal and double the bandwidth.

Of course, these static 'specs' don't mean much.

If gaming is that important to you, order both for a month trial and keep the overall better one.

Have 14 days to trial both so will order both and fingers crossed! Just received the Vodafone card and speeds are okay but I suspect EE will be better. For some reason my direct ethernet connections have terrible ping so will need to do some troubleshooting.

Turns out EE was considerably stronger and they also didnt throttle my speeds which Vodafone did within about 20 minutes of use.

Yes, that's what the numbers suggested (except for the throttling). :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!