What's new

Which Add-on? One DHCP pool – Selective gateway assignment.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chichow

Regular Contributor
Which Add-on? One DHCP pool – Selective gateway assignment.

TL;DR
Can I use one of the Add-ons like YazDHCP, x3mRouting etc. To point devices to different gateways?

LONGER
For performance, attempting to split traffic between two OpenVPN clients – one on the Asus Router and one on a dedicated dual nic debian box actinv as a VPN gateway.
Can I have the DHCP server assign specified clients a gateway of 192.168.1.1 (main asus router) if I want those clients to go through the Asus openVPN client? And then the DHCP server assign other clients a gateway of 192.168.1.3 if I want those other clients to go to the debian VPN gateway device?

The Asus RT-AX68U running Merlin w/ OpenVPN client has throughput @ 150Mbps.
The VPN gateway running Debian w/ OpenVPN client has a throughput @300Mbps. And later will attempt to use Wireguard to get additional performance as the FTTH is 1Gbps.

I’m not sure if I can do this through YazDHCP, x3mRouting, etc. I installed and looked at the GUIs and didn’t see a field to do this, but perhaps I am not looking in the right place or need suggestions for a different approach.

TIA

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!