Which Add-on? One DHCP pool – Selective gateway assignment.

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

chichow

Regular Contributor
Which Add-on? One DHCP pool – Selective gateway assignment.

TL;DR
Can I use one of the Add-ons like YazDHCP, x3mRouting etc. To point devices to different gateways?

LONGER
For performance, attempting to split traffic between two OpenVPN clients – one on the Asus Router and one on a dedicated dual nic debian box actinv as a VPN gateway.
Can I have the DHCP server assign specified clients a gateway of 192.168.1.1 (main asus router) if I want those clients to go through the Asus openVPN client? And then the DHCP server assign other clients a gateway of 192.168.1.3 if I want those other clients to go to the debian VPN gateway device?

The Asus RT-AX68U running Merlin w/ OpenVPN client has throughput @ 150Mbps.
The VPN gateway running Debian w/ OpenVPN client has a throughput @300Mbps. And later will attempt to use Wireguard to get additional performance as the FTTH is 1Gbps.

I’m not sure if I can do this through YazDHCP, x3mRouting, etc. I installed and looked at the GUIs and didn’t see a field to do this, but perhaps I am not looking in the right place or need suggestions for a different approach.

TIA

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!