What's new

Which port is being used to update DDNS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

I need to port forward DDNS in order to allow me to update public IP. Does anyone know which port is used for this? If it's already taken, do you know how to change it on the router?

Thanks,

the port depends on the service, but ddclient updates are typically outbound, so no port forwarding should be needed...

the port depends on the service, but ddclient updates are typically outbound, so no port forwarding should be needed...
It's the ASUS built in DDNS.
I have router inside a LAN, need to request LAN owner to port forward VPN and DDNS port

It's the ASUS built in DDNS.
I have router inside a LAN, need to request LAN owner to port forward VPN and DDNS port
Are you sure? VPN _outbound_ you need to tell them the dynamic port? Or DDNS they need to open traffic from a dynamic port?

Edit to add: If you want to use DDNS so that you can VPN into your router, then for the VPN server, you need to open a port on the LAN firewall. But DDNS isn't a service you run, it's a service you connect to, so that is different.