What's new

Which RT-AC3100 FW's work with Comcast IPv6?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bodean

Very Senior Member
Latest merlin, 63.2, and the official Asus FW 3.0.0.4.380_3941 don't seem to work when enabling IPv6 on the router. If I take the router out of the equation, and plug computer into cable modem, test-ipv6.com passes 10/10.

Thanks

Latest merlin, 63.2, and the official Asus FW 3.0.0.4.380_3941 don't seem to work when enabling IPv6 on the router. If I take the router out of the equation, and plug computer into cable modem, test-ipv6.com passes 10/10.

Thanks

3.0.0.4.380_3341 works perfectly for me on an RT-AC3100 on Comcast. 3941 and 63.2 do not ever seem to work for me. The RT-AC3200 that this replaced worked with every firmware I ever tried, up to and including 63.2.

Thanks Ill give 3341 a try then

Update: No bueno on that one

Last edited:
Thanks Ill give 3341 a try then

Update: No bueno on that one
I should have added in my original post that after enabling IPV6 on the RT-AC3100 I had to reboot it before it would pull an IPV6 address. Since then it has worked perfectly.

Just plugged in netgear R7800, ipv6 works flawlessly. Talking to comcast tech on reddit, they told me "
It seems like the Asus firmware has a bad DHCP-PD implementation." which is causing the issues.

It seems like the Asus firmware has a bad DHCP-PD implementation." which is causing the issues.

Could they be more specific? Asuswrt uses odhcp6, which is a pretty well developed project. If there's truly an issue in it, Comcast better report more technical details than this, as odhcp6 is going to end up in an increasing amount of routers in the future.

And the fact that there's also plenty of Comcast users with the same routers that have no problem lead me rather to believe that it's a problem with some specific nodes on their network. Just like how not every node gets flooded with hundreds of megabytes of daily neighbour solicitation requests.

FWIW I pass 10/10 at http://test-ipv6.com/ running stock 3.0.0.4.380_4118-g7f117e6 on an RT-AC68W. (But I had a feeling that would work when the last time I typed "what is my IP address" into Google and it reported an IPV6 address.)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!