What's new

Why can you only have one Web GUI session running on RT-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wayner

Regular Contributor
When trying to log into an Asus RT-N66U running Merlin (or the stock UI) when a user is logged in from another client on your LAN you get the following message:

Login user IP: 192.168.1.93
You cannot Login unless logout another user first.

First off, the grammar should be corrected as it should read something like "Another user is logged in - you cannot login until the other user logs out as the router only supports one simultaneous user" - no offense Merlin as I realize that you are just using Asus' code here.

Secondly, why not? I have several other brands of routers running several types of firmware and I believe I was always able to log in from multiple clients. For example, dd-wrt doesn't mind if I login from more than one client and I am pretty sure that I can also do that on Talisman on my very old Linksys WRT54G.

There is a workaround mentioned in a thread from 2012 - but can't this "solution" be built into Merlin as an enhancement?

When trying to log into an Asus RT-N66U running Merlin (or the stock UI) when a user is logged in from another client on your LAN you get the following message:

First off, the grammar should be corrected as it should read something like "Another user is logged in - you cannot login until the other user logs out as the router only supports one simultaneous user" - no offense Merlin as I realize that you are just using Asus' code here.

There are a lot of grammatical errors in the firmware. Fixing them would be a lost battle, since it would make it impossible afterward to merge any new dictionary changes from Asus.

Secondly, why not? I have several other brands of routers running several types of firmware and I believe I was always able to log in from multiple clients. For example, dd-wrt doesn't mind if I login from more than one client and I am pretty sure that I can also do that on Talisman on my very old Linksys WRT54G.

There is a workaround mentioned in a thread from 2012 - but can't this "solution" be built into Merlin as an enhancement?

Because God knows what issues would happen if two users would be logged in at the same time. I didn't develop the httpd backend, and its code isn't commented, so I'm not going to chance it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!