What's new

Why do I need 4 cores? (RT-AX86U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thats a really good deal, sadly I was not quite ready to switch back to Asus from UBNT again back then (Final nail in the coffin was last week). But I think it is worth full price just to get a router I think I will like again
What happened to UBNT?

What happened to UBNT?

I just can't find my path to follow in their line of products. I have used the Edgerouter for some years with UniFi APs, but I wanted to switch to a more unified ( ;) ) stack. But switching to their other series with routers/Gateways (USG or UDM) isnt that clear as they all lack in different areas and Ubiquiti just doesnt seem interested in filling in the blancs. Instead they just push new stuff (new OS etc) with all new areas that is missing big and sometimes very basic stuff.

I just can't find my path to follow in their line of products. I have used the Edgerouter for some years with UniFi APs, but I wanted to switch to a more unified ( ;) ) stack. But switching to their other series with routers/Gateways (USG or UDM) isnt that clear as they all lack in different areas and Ubiquiti just doesnt seem interested in filling in the blancs. Instead they just push new stuff (new OS etc) with all new areas that is missing big and sometimes very basic stuff.
True, I find their products limiting and with half baked features.

True, I find their products limiting and with half baked features.

Exactly, its just too bad as I think they have an amazing spot on the market that is perfect for me and many others. They should have let the USG and UDM be until they could fully replace the Edgerouters with the exact same features and with both console and controller support. Then they would have been in a much better position right now.

But right now I'm just glad to be back here on an Asus that just works and have really great features as well.