What's new

WiFi 7... Arriving 'soon'.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I also recently replaced my access points with business class Wi-Fi 6 units. The speed and roaming are excellent. Almost 800Mbps to wireless AX clients is going to be enough for many years. I don’t use 160MHz channels.

I just got Wi-Fi 6 working and I don't think it roams as well as AC. I am not sure they are going to do much work on it now since they are pushing ahead for Wi-Fi 7.
My roaming with 2 iPhones and using Wi-Fi 6 drops a couple of words using my Cisco 150ax APs. My old Cisco WAP581 wireless APs dropped no words on roaming. So there is a little difference. But I can tell the 150ax APs are faster with higher connects rates. My ax devices connect at 1201 rates now and has snappier responses.

Last edited:
I also recently replaced my access points with business class Wi-Fi 6 units. The speed and roaming are excellent. Almost 800Mbps to wireless AX clients is going to be enough for many years. I don’t use 160MHz channels.
I also started upgrading to wifi6 which I think is adquate for my house clients.

With my current speed of 500Mbps i feel its just a waste of money to think of wifi 7

In fact, I may change my direction by invsting in a decent wifi6 mesh system rather than the 10 routers scattered in my 3 floors house

The primary home WLAN is still on WiFi5/11ac - the client side is a mix of 11ac/11ax/11n, and in my testing for my particular client mix, WiFi5 is good enough for the moment...

Dev/Testing - I've got WiFi7 access point up and running, but I'm still looking for client silicon...

WiFi5 is good enough for the moment...

Definitely. I just found a good offer for Ruckus R750 units replacing previous R610.

Definitely. I just found a good offer for Ruckus R750 units replacing previous R610.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 6.32.57 PM.png

Never seen one, but if it works well and does what it needs to do - why not?

And new Intel WiFi 7 Drivers are out:
And the changelog states it only works as Wifi 6e, as the OS still lacks Wifi 7 support. Quite a mess there...

Hello, I'm still using my eero pro. But I am very excited for WiFi 7. I'm using 6 eero pro's for whole home coverage including back yard and pool area and it works well. I also see that WIFI 7 will be very expensive. The eero WIFI 7 Max is going for $1,699.99 for 3 units. Ouch!

I'm excited about WiFi 7 too. But (buy?), not yet. :)

Depending on what the results of the new product in the following link deliver, we may just need WiFi 7 APs, and let the overpriced pre-certified hardware die (and give manufacturers pause about these ridiculous prices they think these current, underpowered, beta products command.

I always skip first gen. I moved to WiFi 5 as soon as we got “wave 2” and I will leave it for WiFi 6E.

It will be interesting to watch if they are 10gig with homeowners needing to support it.

I have no need for 10gig interfaces in my house. I do have a Cisco L3 switch with 4 10 gig ports that I don't run as it is a little noisy, not bad though so I could run it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!