What's new

Wifi Scheduling kills 160mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Wifi Scheduling kills 160mhz, when I've been using, the next day the pc reconnects at 80mhz, even though 160mhz is still ticked.

So my connection only maxes at 1201 when using scheduling.

Leave it on and I connect at the full whack, 2400 or so.

Any ideas?

Wifi Scheduling kills 160mhz, when I've been using, the next day the pc reconnects at 80mhz, even though 160mhz is still ticked.

So my connection only maxes at 1201 when using scheduling.

Leave it on and I connect at the full whack, 2400 or so.

Any ideas?

Schedule a reboot, too? :)

OE

Schedule a reboot, too? :)

OE
That defeats the object, I was trying to save a few watts over night by turning off the 5ghz for a few hours. While leaving 2.4ghz intact. I've just turned off scheduling for now as I cba restarting the 5ghz every day in view of this.

Have you allowed enough time for it to jump back to 160MHz? It may take 10 minutes or longer, depending on your environment.

Have you allowed enough time for it to jump back to 160MHz? It may take 10 minutes or longer, depending on your environment.

Very good point - 160MHz - the wireless driver has to do the whole DFS thing again...

Yes, it was switching off at 2am and coming back on at 5:40am, when I log in later 7pm, it is stuck on 80mhz. (unless I just leave it on)

You can force your router to use 160 mhz only as opposed to 40/80/160mhz. Also, manually set the control channel. This will prevent it dropping down to 80mhz.

As L&LD stated, it will take 10 mins to enable a 160mhz channel if its DFS. It's something to do with the rules of using DFS channels. Can't remember exactly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!