What's new

WiFi Vlan on AC3100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have AC68U running alpha merlin as AP mode with VLANs script, but I got an error of incorrect password when connecting to guest wifi (except guest wifi # 1 on both 2.4 and 5GHz with default VLAN 501 and 502).
If I config guest wifi with open system, no error happen.
I have downgraded some versions of merlin, but the errors was still there.
Any advices from you to solve?

RT-AC68U or RT-AC3100?

Alpha firmware? Did you do a full reset after flashing to that firmware? Then minimally and manually configure it. Without using a saved backup config file?

RT-AC68U or RT-AC3100?

Alpha firmware? Did you do a full reset after flashing to that firmware? Then minimally and manually configure it. Without using a saved backup config file?
Yes, i did, but the problem was still there.

Hi, sorry but I haven't tried the 386.1 alpha as it is doesn't support my router RT-AC87U and I didn't see a point installing it just on my AP RT-AC68U (now I won't do it for sure if as you say a downgrade with a factory reset doesn't fix it :(), so I don't know how exactly it affects the guest SSIDs mapping to VLANs. I hope it doesn't break this functionality as that would be a problem for a lot of people.

I read on the alpha thread that it introduces some changes as it adds guest WLAN support to aimesh nodes but that's about all I know, maybe someone else who is using the script with the new firmware can help you.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!