What's new

Will ASUS next High End router RT-AC5300 be supported by Merlin ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dalle

Occasional Visitor
I am looking to improve my networks in general. I know this router has just been released so this inquiry is by no means a "pushing" request for a release...

But does Merlin or anyone else know if this router will be supported by future releases of the Merlin WRT ?

Best regards, and a wonderful day to You teccies out there...

/Daniel

I don't know yet. There's no source code available for this model at this time.

My crystal ball says: Yes, it will! :p

I don't know yet. There's no source code available for this model at this time.

Thanks Merlin....I will wait and evaluate on it after New Year. Still with two rt-87U, and they do damn well with the Merlin WRT software. So it is more a kind of luxury problem I am dealing with :)

Best regards, Daniel / Denmark

Im curious too, cause someone said lets "get" a highend router, and that is Asus current highend router and high priced for 499$. the free lifetime WTFast service attached to it interesting.

I am currently up to 16 wifi devices connected to my AC66U router wifi range barely reachs our deck grant router is not in the middle of house and never will be do to how wiring is setup. but if 8 antennas, cant do nothing will. and this router cant handle my full internet speed with QOS on.

I used services like WTFast but the free one where it disconnect you ever 30 min, and they do drop ping times, but i would never pay for such thing.

I hope Merlin will be able to release a custom firmware. I got the router and I noticed that it doesn't support Media Bridge mode like many of Asus previous routers. I am hoping that Merlin may be able to add it back in.