What's new

will Load ax11000 settings to new AXE16000 work?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rtm

Occasional Visitor
I am currently running GT AX11000 388.1 ROG as main and 2x XT12 pro offical firmware as node. everything is working great and stable. only problem is the slow WebGUI but all the clients are working at full speed.

I will be getting the AXE16000 in few days. as soon as I get it I plan to install it with asus Merlin 388.1.

I am wondering is it possible or recommended to load my current GT AX11000 settings directly to the new AXE16000 router? if I do that will all the Aimesh nodes still work?

I have some vpn already setup and some ip bindings on some clients that's why it would save me lots of time to setup everything again if I can just load the settings to the new routers.

thanks.

@rtm, see my reply to your other question (below). To directly answer your question; highly recommended to NOT do so.

Many things may break between two routers of the same router/model, let alone when going from older to current models. As already mentioned, if you want a fast, stable, and reliable network, don't do this.

Flash the firmware you want to use. Verify the new firmware installed properly. Perform a full reset to factory defaults. Then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Once these steps have been accomplished and the network (as-is) is running as expected, continue your customizations, one major step at a time, keeping good notes, until your network is fully set up.

I recommend setting up a new router (as outlined above) before even connecting any LAN clients, USB devices, or even the WAN cable connection itself.

@rtm, see my reply to your other question (below). To directly answer your question; highly recommended to NOT do so.

Many things may break between two routers of the same router/model, let alone when going from older to current models. As already mentioned, if you want a fast, stable, and reliable network, don't do this.

Flash the firmware you want to use. Verify the new firmware installed properly. Perform a full reset to factory defaults. Then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Once these steps have been accomplished and the network (as-is) is running as expected, continue your customizations, one major step at a time, keeping good notes, until your network is fully set up.

I recommend setting up a new router (as outlined above) before even connecting any LAN clients, USB devices, or even the WAN cable connection itself.
Thank you so much. you are right. I will do a clean install with the new router for best result.