What's new

Wired backhaul on XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rashed4004

Occasional Visitor
Hi All

I am planning to get XT8 to replace my 2 AC68u in aimesh.

Does XT8 support wired backhaul like AC68U?

Thanks

Not for me, I've been using ethernet (MoCA) backhaul on the latest firmware for several weeks now, no problems. In fact, if you use ethernet backhaul, you can configure the "dedicated backhaul" radio (5GHz-2) to be client-facing...this has worked really well for me in terms of speed. Up to about 750Mbps on gigabit internet at the remote node using speedtest.net on wifi-6. My current configuration is not using "smart connect", using one SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz. Also not using the 5GHz-1 radio, just the 5GHz-2 radio.

Not for me, I've been using ethernet (MoCA) backhaul on the latest firmware for several weeks now, no problems. In fact, if you use ethernet backhaul, you can configure the "dedicated backhaul" radio (5GHz-2) to be client-facing...this has worked really well for me in terms of speed. Up to about 750Mbps on gigabit internet at the remote node using speedtest.net on wifi-6. My current configuration is not using "smart connect", using one SSID for both 2.4 and 5GHz. Also not using the 5GHz-1 radio, just the 5GHz-2 radio.
are you using ethernet switch to daisy chain for all your nodes?

Yes, I'm using an 8 port unmanaged "desktop" TP-Link network switch at the router node, and both the router node and MoCA link are plugged into that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!