What's new

wired channel??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I have my 2.4 g radio set to 11and my 5 g radio set to 48 my question is what channel does my wired Roku device use ?? I am asking because if I try and mirracast my phone through the Roku device I have to take it off wired to wireless so it's on the same radio as my phone which I don't understand because it's the same router?

Wired doesn't use a channel. It kind of sounds like there is something blocking broadcast/multicast traffic between your wired and wireless networks. Please confirm you have the same IP space in use on your wired and your wireless. Otherwise look in the advanced settings to confirm you don't have client isolation or any other "optimizations" enabled that may restrict traffic flows. There are also some routers that just do not properly forward non-unicast traffic flows between wired and wireless for some reason. I had a much older Belkin that did that which caused me issues with my Sonos environment.

I have a Sonos beam without issues and I am pretty sure that I used to have no issues with Miracast but I think that was on my last phone,a Nokia 5 . With this new phone, ZenFone 5 z I would have thought that my router and phone would be good friends both being Asus. I will check the settings on both after work today thanks