What's new

Wired Connection is slower than Wi-Fi connection. Wired Backhaul AiMesh with AX86U and AX3000 (see attachment).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AiMeshUser

New Around Here
The wired backhaul from the AX86U to the PC gets me 950Mbps. I cannot figure out why my AX3000 is knocking my D/L speed down to 250Mbps. My Wi-Fi speeds are consistently in the 500Mbps range throughout the house.

• The backhaul cable in the picture is the same exact cable that connects directly to the PC and the AX3000.

• AX86U was a new install with the most up-to-date firmware. I did not change any settings other than default passwords and the Jumbo Frame settings. The frames were changed after googling this issue. The problem was present with the jumbo frames on or off.

• I confirmed that AiProtection and QoS is turned off.

• I’ve tried multiple cables (Cat6) from the AX3000 to the PC.

• The AX300 was just introduced and added to the AiMesh. I updated to the latest firmware and that was all I did on that router.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

Attachments

• Network.png
    Network.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 77
Welcome to the forums @AiMeshUser.

Even with a fresh-out-of-the-box router, I suggest doing a full reset to factory defaults. After flashing to the latest firmware.

To both the main router and the node.

Particularly when you've been toggling the options on/off (it is not the same as simply not touching them in the first place).

Also, note that the cable/connector going from the AX86U to the AX3000 may be an issue (for the AX3000). Test for that scenario too. Also, try different LAN ports on the AX3000 and the AX86U too.

Welcome to the forums @AiMeshUser.

Even with a fresh-out-of-the-box router, I suggest doing a full reset to factory defaults. After flashing to the latest firmware.

To both the main router and the node.

Particularly when you've been toggling the options on/off (it is not the same as simply not touching them in the first place).

Also, note that the cable/connector going from the AX86U to the AX3000 may be an issue (for the AX3000). Test for that scenario too. Also, try different LAN ports on the AX3000 and the AX86U too.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll try the resets.

When you say that the cable from the AX86U to the AX3000 may be an issue. What are the possible issues?

I only ask because the same cable gets plugged directly into the PC and I get the full bandwidth. The cable itself does not seem to be bad. I did try different ports on the AX3000 and the results were the same.

The issue with a 'bad' or 'incompatible' cable, is that often it is just the connector (or the socket) not being a good match to each other. When the +- variation of the cable's connector is opposite to the +- variations of the router's Ethernet Ports (sockets), that may be one reason you're seeing this issue.

When testing, I only use quality Cat5e cable (which is good for a 2.5GbE connection at 100').