What's new

Wireless direction relative to house

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And while all this theoretical information is handy to understand at some fundamental level, the orientation of the router does make a difference in specific real-world environments I've seen.
How about some more details on those "specific real-world environments"?

Last edited by a moderator:
And while all this theoretical information is handy to understand at some fundamental level, the orientation of the router does make a difference in specific real-world environments I've seen.

Our homes, businesses, and surrounding AP's don't follow ideals. They follow reality.
and then outside of utopia land, my home and businesses have things called walls. Shoving my AX11000 in the corner of a room, with antennas in no particular order, has the same net effect as a pristine spot in the center of same room, on a table, with antennas in perfect alignment and harmony.
As part of my testing, walls - and beams, posts, legacy wiring, mouse/rat traps, conduit, ducts - have a say in how 2.4 and 5Ghz signal flows - or bounces.

In a room? Well, yes. :p

and then outside of utopia land, my home and businesses have things called walls. Shoving my AX11000 in the corner of a room, with antennas in no particular order, has the same net effect as a pristine spot in the center of same room, on a table, with antennas in perfect alignment and harmony.
As part of my testing, walls - and beams, posts, legacy wiring, mouse/rat traps, conduit, ducts - have a say in how 2.4 and 5Ghz signal flows - or bounces.

Are you implying position of the router in the home also does not play a part? Because imo that is more of a factor then even the position of the antennae. The reason you probably don't see a difference with either is you are not testing from a far enough distance which is where it matters most. especially through those walls, beams and ducts.