What's new

Wireless Printer and Airave Dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grazzt

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone. I have been having this intermittent problem.

I have an hp 8600 inkjet pro wireless printer. It will drop from the router (E3000 Lynksys). I can see it in the network by when I try and print, it will not detect it. I would then reboot the router and all is good.

I also have an Airave (ViOP for Sprint). This also drops. I have to unplug the Airave and then all is good. This is hard wired to the router.

So, I have the most up to date firmware in the router. I am at a loss to what the issue is.

Thoughts?
grazzt

Hi,
Do you have up-o-date drivers for the devices? I have WiFi printer(Canon MP990) on my router. The printer never goes off once turned on and connected. Instead of rebooting router, did you try to turn on/off printer
when it goes off? And also did you ask HP tech support?

Yes. I am up to date on all drivers and firmware. I have also tried cycling the printer on/off and that does not work. Only a router reboot.

I have an hp 8600 inkjet pro wireless printer. It will drop from the router (E3000 Lynksys). I can see it in the network by when I try and print, it will not detect it. I would then reboot the router and all is good.

I also have an Airave (ViOP for Sprint). This also drops. I have to unplug the Airave and then all is good. This is hard wired to the router.

So, I have the most up to date firmware in the router. I am at a loss to what the issue is.

Thoughts?
grazzt
Do you have the WiFi setup for a unique SSID (not the default) and an encryption key? To keep the printer and any other clients from choosing a neighbor's SSID.

I switched from HP to Epson injets a year or so ago. Very dissatisfied with HP last few years... buggy, fragile.
This Epson 630 is far and away the best printer I've owned; good non-bloated/non-buggy software, good hardware.
It runs with WiFi and hasn't had any issues.

Sorry 'bout the HP.

Thoughts?
grazzt

Sounds like address conflicts - one thing to try is to put the Airave and HP Printers on to Static IP's (outside of the DHCP range) and see if that helps.

Some of the Linksys devices round-robin IP assignments, and some devices don't do DHCP requests properly...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!