What's new

Wireless Printing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wess

New Around Here
Hello, I recently went to a fiber ISP. I purchased a new AC-5300 router. I have 2 HP laptops wirelessly connected to the router. I cannot communicate with my EPSON Et4760 printer. I have followed the wireless instructions and the printer indicates it is connected to my 2.4 network. My computer is also connected to the 2.4 network. I can observe both in the router but still cannot make the connection with my laptop to print. I have went through the trouble shooting suggested by the laptop and printer. I have manually assigned a static connection around the DHCP server and tried to connect that way still no success. Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Last edited:
Did you allow access through the laptop's firewall? If you’re on Windoze delete and reinstall the printer. I had to do that several times to get things connected.

Epson printers need to be connected to both bands if you have dual band WiFi. At least mine did.

Hello, I recently went to a fiber ISP. I purchased a new AC-5300 router. I have 2 HP laptops wirelessly connected to the router. I cannot communicate with my EPSON Et4760 printer. I have followed the wireless instructions and the printer indicates it is connected to my 2.4 network. My computer is also connected to the 2.4 network. I can observe both in the router but still cannot make the connection with my laptop to print. I have went through the trouble shooting suggested by the laptop and printer. I have manually assigned a static connection around the DHCP server and tried to connect that way still no success. Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Some ad-hoc comments:

o IP addresses manually-assigned within the router webUI should be from within the router's DHCP server IP Pool.

o I would disable router Wireless\Professional\Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming per band.

o You could remove the printer device in Windows? and reinstall it now that it has a static IP address. If the OS can find the printer to install its device driver, then you ought to be able to then print to it from that OS.

OE

I would also suggest to reinstall the driver. turn the printer on and off? like ozark said if the setup software finds the printer on the network not sure why you couldn't print to it. I have the same epson series printer. and thats pretty much all I did. I didn't do a static ip for it. when you say 2.4 network did you make sure they are both on the same ssid?

I would also suggest to reinstall the driver. turn the printer on and off? like ozark said if the setup software finds the printer on the network not sure why you couldn't print to it. I have the same epson series printer. and thats pretty much all I did. I didn't do a static ip for it. when you say 2.4 network did you make sure they are both on the same ssid?
Yes, both on same SSID, 2.4, printer will only run on 2.4 according to EPSON. Out of the box I attempted to run as suggested, never made any connection with Laptop.

so basically you are not able to install the printer at all, on any device? and you are totally wireless, no direct connect, no usb? from what i remember with my et-2720 it has to detect the printer on install to go through the setup. and I had to install on each machine. also I installed the epson app on mobile devices since I don't like google print. Once in a blue moon i will not be able to print to it, but a restart of the printer fixes that issue. think that has happened only once or twice in the past year.

I don't really know what to suggest other then whats already been suggested. Have you tried to restore factory settings on the printer and set it up again? double checked the laptop firewall again? Change the ssid and password on the router? Maybe double check ap-isolation is set to off in wireless professional settings. you using stock firmware? Tried factory resetting the router?

Try it with a usb connection and make sure the printer works then call epson I guess.

Can you ping the IP address of the printer from the laptop?

Make sure you are connecting to the main WiFi network and not a guest network.

Last edited:
I just re-read that you have two hp printers connected wirelessly no problems? Is the epson on the same network as them? As Colin said I have my epson printer on the main network. If this is the case I would again suggest to factory reset the epson and try to set it up again.

Well, I called Epson, they did a work around and the printer works, however I cannot use the software that came with the printer. I didn't buy a $450 printer just to print with. I called my ISP and they turned my wifi back on at the modem/router. I signed into the 2.4 network on the modem/router and reinstalled the printer flawlessly. I think I will ditch this Asus router that everyone boasts about and buy a more plug and play user friendly one.

I signed into the 2.4 network on the modem/router and reinstalled the printer flawlessly.

Did you ever try to do this on the new AC5300 network... uninstall, then reinstall the printer?

OE

Well, I called Epson, they did a work around and the printer works, however I cannot use the software that came with the printer. I didn't buy a $450 printer just to print with. I called my ISP and they turned my wifi back on at the modem/router. I signed into the 2.4 network on the modem/router and reinstalled the printer flawlessly. I think I will ditch this Asus router that everyone boasts about and buy a more plug and play user friendly one.

I think your ISP router broadcasts an SSID with the same name as your Asus.
I'm afraid there's no easy way to explain it and guide you on what you're doing wrong. What's the ip address Asus shows on WAN interface? It's too much to ask you to install an WiFi analyser on an Android phone or a laptop? And share here the output of that tool?

It does sound your Epson printer connected to ISP router while your laptops are connecting to your Asus router. If my guess is right, that would be the explanation for this behavior.
I recently bought an ET-2751 and I was utterly impressed how easy was to configure it and have it running! They did made it as easy how one can hope! But they do run on the assumption the network is sane.
The fact that asking your ISP to turn off/on the wifi it's wrong by all means! I would guess now you can see your Epson on Asus' " Netwok Map" while before it wasn't shown. Ideally you should have ISP equipment running on modem/bridge mode and Asus as router. ISP equipment should not broadcast any SSID, but I strongly suspect your setup is confusing, at best.

Please don't get offended, it's not my purpose to annoy you! I'm just trying to make sense of the information you shared. And help if possible.

Not to annoy one some more, but you payed quite a lot for an ET-2720! A ET-2751 was 373.55euro=450$ (VAT included, and in most countries in Europe VAT is higher that sales taxes!)

There are a number of free image management programs that have sophisticated print capabilities including nomacs and irfan. I use them specifically for printing images that Epson software will not allow.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!