What's new

Wireless router choice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My decisions are pretty much financially motivated. The R7800 hasn't had any good sales on it so I haven't considered it. I did just see that I can get a AC68U for $10 less so maybe I will switch to that one since it seems highly rated. I really need something pretty idiot proof since I don't really understand all of the router options and don't have time to learn them.

Why not the R7800

Oh I was just mentioning ones that were in a similar price range as he spent $150 for his new router. The R7800 is $270.

Oh I was just mentioning ones that were in a similar price range as he spent $150 for his new router. The R7800 is $270.
$200+ for a home WiFi router! Wow. Overkill?
Mine is well under $100 and provides the max ISP speed to my WiFi devices; Samsung S6 110/10Mbps net yield per Speedtest.net.

Had a bad experience with an older Netgear model and have avoided em since. Maybe it's time to give them a 2nd chance.

Had a bad experience with an older Netgear model and have avoided em since. Maybe it's time to give them a 2nd chance.
Me too. Netgear makes good switches (pro line). WiFi routers with them is hit-and-miss from model to model.